SAP PI monitoring is required to monitor message exchange and health of the SAP PI runtime. SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (SAP PI) component enables both A2A (SAP and non-SAP applications) and B2B (among trading partners) integration seamlessly through open business messaging standards.
Business scenarios contain collaboration agreements and profile to handle exchange of messages between systems. Since the scenarios are means of data manipulation in the target systems, monitoring of scenarios is important in integration scenarios.
SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (SAP PI) provides good provisions for monitoring Business scenarios in your collaboration landscape.
SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (PI) supports individual and multiple SAP PI domain monitoring. SAP PI Runtime Workbench in the integration server offers monitoring of both individual and distributed business systems. Process Integration (SAP PI) Runtime can be integrated with SAP Computing Center Management System (CCMS) for Alert functions.
- SAP PI Component Monitoring: It gives status of every component in the Integration Server. Component Monitoring is used for monitoring status of communication channel, Java Proxy Runtime, and to test message flow through runtime components. SAP PI Components include central integration engine, Business Process Engine, Mapping Runtime, Adapter Engine etc.
- SAPI PI Message Monitoring: It allows monitoring flow of messages through integration engine. Messages can be searched and displayed by Sender, Receiver, Interface, Status or Processing time. It allows editing the message in case of an error during processing and restarting the message also.
- SAP PI End-to-end monitoring: By configuring End-to-End monitoring, message in each technical processing step and specific path of each message in the components can be monitored in Instance view. While Process Overview gives statistics of processed messages and erroneous messages.
- SAP PI Performance Monitoring: SAP PI stores the aggregated statistical data of processed messages. Performance on the scenarios can be monitored by drill down the information stored with respect to receiver/sender etc.
- SAP PI Alert Monitoring: Configuring Alert for the integration scenarios will be set to send out an email, fax or SMS on errors that occur during message processing.
SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (SAP PI) offers tight integration with Solution Manager. This enables monitoring of integration scenarios centrally. Business Integration scenarios preserve real time information about the status and results of message flows. SAP PI Monitoring helps to quickly address problem areas in the integration scenarios and rectify in minimum time without affecting your business.
In case you need assistance on SAP Support Services, please contact us. Please send us your questions, comments or assistance request and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Nikhil Joshi (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
We offer variety of services including SAP ECC ,SAP HR,SAP BW,SAP CRM, SAP SCM,SAP BPM, Business Objects, SAP ABAP Development, SAP BASIS and SAP NetWeaver consulting. We have expertise in providing implementation,development, SAP Migration and SAP support services to SAP customers across diverse industries at a global level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect.
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)