Universal Worklist with SAP NetWeaver Portal is a centralized access point for business workflow items across heterogeneous systems. SAP UWL enables Portal Users to manage workflow items via centralized UWL inbox.
SAP Universal Worklist being a part of standard SAP Enterprise Portal installation requires no prerequisites. UWL establish connection to various provider systems using comprehensive configuration. Using provider system specific connectors, it fetches tasks using pull mechanism to feed inbox, serving portal users their work-list items at a centralized workplace.
Configuring UWL for Guided Procedure on Local CE
Portal users can get access to Universal Worklist inbox by assigning ‘Every User Core Role’.
Guided procedure is prominent workflow provider in SAP CE (Composition Environment). To obtain Guided Procedure work items in UWL, a simple configuration is required.
- Navigate to System Administration -> System Configuration.
- Select Universal Worklist -> Administration.
- Select to add a new system on Universal Worklist Configuration page.
- Enter a System Alias and select the “GuidedProceduresConnector”. E.g. ‘CESystem’ as system alias.
- Select save and you are done.
Upon successful system creation, an XML configuration file “uwl.gp.config” is generated which can be viewed at “Click to Administrate Item Types and View Definitions”. SAP has provided few enhancements for this xml file which is available as an attachment with SAP Note 1026119.
- Access to Guided Procedure work items in common UWL inbox instead of Local GP inbox.
- Behavior of GP items remains native.
- Items launching flexibility. E.g. Opening item in same window or as popup window.
- Inbox customization flexibility to organize work items.
- Auto or manual refresh options for work items using pull mechanism.
Please send us your questions, comments or assistance, and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Moreshwar Thawkar (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
We offer variety of services including SAP ECC ,SAP HR,SAP BW,SAP CRM, SAP SCM,SAP BPM, Business Objects, SAP ABAP Development, SAP BASIS and SAP NetWeaver consulting. We have expertise in providing implementation,development, SAP Migration and SAP support services to SAP customers across diverse industries at a global level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect.
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)