¬†Enhancement Frame Work:- Adding custom development to the standard functionality without disturbing the original one is called as an Enhancement. In some cases standard functionalities may not meet our/user requirement. For this SAP has provided hooks to add user functionality to the standard business Scenario.
Initially User-exit were used as mode of enhancement. The user can add his code in custom include program and activate it. The main problem with user exits was that only a single implementation was possible. That means if an enhancement is included in project that cannot be reused as long as the project is active.
To over come this issue SAP has come up with BADI concept which supports multiple implementation.These enhancements were good with transactions some times an enhancement was required on a standard report for this SAP has provided an Enhancement Spots. These Spots can be implicit or Explicit.
Business Requirement:- For the transaction LU04, by default partially delivered check box is not checked but the customer needs that check box to be checked.
Step by Step procedure to meet our business requirement:
- Here Implicit Enhancement used for the transaction LU04.
- Enter The Transaction LU04 and press Enter.
- Here identify the field name and program name.
- Select Part. Completed field and press the F1 Button ->Then select the Technical Information button -> Find the field name and program name .
- Program Name : SAPML02B
- Field Name¬†¬† : RL02B-USTAT
TABLE NAME¬†¬†¬† FIELD NAME
- Go to the standard program and write the implicit enhancement. To identify the Enhancement spots, simply go to the menu bar select Edit-> Enhancement Operations->Show implicit Enhancement Options. There identify the Enhancement Spots.
- Place the break-point and run the transaction LU04. Find the place where break-point is triggered.
- Save -> check -> Activate your program -> Finally run the transaction LU04.
In case you need assistance on SAP Support Services, please contact us. Please send us your questions, comments or¬†assistance request and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Seetharam Pallaprolu (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
We¬†offer¬†variety¬†of¬†services¬†including¬†SAP¬†ECC¬†,SAP¬†HR,SAP¬†BW,SAP¬†CRM,¬†SAP¬†SCM,SAP¬†BPM, Business¬†Objects,¬†SAP¬†ABAP¬†Development,¬†SAP¬†BASIS¬†and¬†SAP¬†NetWeaver¬†consulting.¬†We¬†have expertise¬†in¬†providing¬†implementation,development,¬† SAP¬†Migration¬†and¬†SAP¬†support¬†services¬†to SAP¬†customers¬† across¬† diverse¬† industries¬†at¬†a¬†global¬†level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect : AskTheArchitect@Apprisia.com
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)