n SAP, a user can create vendor manually using T-Code XK01 but if a user wish to create more than one vendor ( like thousands) at that time it is very difficult to create it manually. So here I am going to explain a simple procedure of using BDC (Batch Data Communication) to create multiple vendors in a short time.
Please follow the step-by-step procedure as stated below:
1. Create flat file (Txt or Excel format ) containing those data which we want to upload in the SAP.
2. Do the recording using SHDB transaction code and automate it using session method.
3. Execute BDC program which create a session in SM35 T-code.
If user want to see whether the vendor is created or not at that time user can see the status in SM35 (session overview) to find the error,screen details and their related field and see lock and unlock session.
After executing the T-Code SM35 you will get above screen which contain session name, program name where session is created, date and time .
Select your session name and analyze the following parameters.
1. Analysis: This is used to analyze the number of transaction available in session and their screen numbers, field details and field values .
After selecting your session name, click on analysis. You will get the above screen.
Now click on transaction. You will get transaction related details for the session and its status.
Now click on screen you will get the screen number and program related to the screen.
After clicking on the Filed list you will get all the screens related to the session and their values.
2. Process: This is used to process the session in either foreground, background or error mode and after processing the flat file data is uploaded to the transaction code.
3. Statistics: This is used to display the quick information of the session that means how many transactions are processed, successfully incorrect and deleted.
After click on the statistics you will get the above screen.
As I am creating three vendors so the ‘XK01’ transaction will be called three time and total 9 screens will process.
4. Log : used to identify the each and every step of entire session processing.
Here you can see the vendor A222,A333,A4444 created successfully and we can handle the error easily if its occur.
5. Recording : This is used to see the recording related to session
After selecting the session click on recording you will get the above screen.
Now select the recording name and click on display you will get recording related to the session.
6 Delete : This is used to delete the session from session overview.
7 Lock : This is used to lock the session processing until a particular date i.e Hold date.
8 Unlock : This is used to unlock the session which is already lock.
9 New : It contain those session which action is not performed.
10 Incorrect : It contain those session which is incorrectly process.
11 Processed : It contain those session which is successfully process.
12 process : It contain those session which processing is going on.
13 In background : It contain those session which processing is going on in background.
14 Being created : It contain those session which are just created.
15 Locked : It contain those session which are locked.
In case you need assistance on SAP Support Services, please contact us. Please send us your questions, comments or assistance request and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Abhishek Khandelwal (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
We offer variety of services including SAP ECC ,SAP HR,SAP BW,SAP CRM, SAP SCM,SAP BPM, Business Objects, SAP ABAP Development, SAP BASIS and SAP NetWeaver consulting. We have expertise in providing implementation,development, SAP Migration and SAP support services to SAP customers across diverse industries at a global level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect : AskTheArchitect@Apprisia.com
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)