What are SAP HR Infotypes ?
Infotypes are information units in the Human Resources Management system.In SAP ABAP, groups of related data fields are bundled into infotypes. Infotypes structure information, facilitate data entry and allow data to be saved for specific periods. Infotypes serve as templates for users to enter data. From a database point of view, infotypes provide a data structure and a set of coherent data records. We use a time constraint to determine how the data records of an infotype react to each other in terms of time.
Different Info types in Personnel Administration:
- Working time
- Bank details
- Staff/job applicants
- Org. assignment
- Address/ personal data
Infotype Data Structure:
- Four digit number nnnn
- Unique identification
- 9000 to 9999 reserved for customer infotypes
Naming Conventions for Infotypes:
- 0000 to 0999 – HR Master data / Applicant data
- 1000 to 1999 – Organizational Management
- 2000 to 2999 – Time data
- 4000 to 4999 – Applicant data
- 5000 to 5999 – Planning Infotypes
- 9000 to 9999 – Customer defined
- Each infotype has at least three screens:
- An initial screen ( 1000 )
- Initial screen is used as technical interface
- Processed in background and not displayed
- A single screen ( 2000 )
- Its an interface between the system and the user
- It enables to create, display or maintain data records
- A list screen ( 3000 )
- Enables to list all records in info type
Declaration of Infotype in program:
INFOTYPES: 0001, “Infotype for Org. Assignment”
0002, “Infotype for Personal Data”
0007. “Infotype for Planned Working Time”
In case you need assistance on SAP HR Infotypes, please contact us. Please send us your questions, comments or assistance request, and our team would be glad to assist you.
Please send us your questions, comments or assistance, and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Gopichand Panghate. (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
We offer variety of services including SAP ECC ,SAP HR,SAP BW,SAP CRM, SAP SCM,SAP BPM, Business Objects, SAP ABAP Development, SAP BASIS and SAP NetWeaver consulting. We have expertise in providing implementation,development, SAP Migration and SAP support services to SAP customers across diverse industries at a global level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect.
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)