For this method to be used for enhancement, we have to find out BADI for the transaction and check the functionality provided. The functionality which is provided can only be used for enhancement.
How to find if transaction has above modification technique available?
- First Way: Go to SE18 and search BADI Name for the package to which transaction belongs to. You will get list of all BADIs available.
- Second Way:
- Go to transaction SE80 in a client where you can experiment with the transaction that you are interested in.
- Go to class CL_EXITHANDLER. [Select Class / Interface from the drop-down, and put CL_EXITHANDLER for the class.]
- Go to method get_instance. [Press RETURN to ensure that the contents of the Object Name frame are for CL_EXITHANDLER.
- Expand the Methods node. Double-click on GET_INSTANCE.]
- Insert a breakpoint just after = the call to the method cl_exithandler get_class_name_by_interface. Use the transaction in which you are BAdI-hunting.
- Examine the contents of the field class_name whenever the processing stops at the breakpoint.Then class_name gave a good clue to the name of the BADI.
To add a custom tab in VL01N / VL02N header use
For further information on Enhancement Techniques, refer my blog.
In case you need assistance in SAP ABAP Enhancement Technique, please contact us. Please send us your questions, comments or assistance request, and our team would be glad to assist you.
Please send us your questions, comments or assistance, and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Gopichand Panghate. (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
We¬†offer¬†variety¬†of¬†services¬†including¬†SAP¬†ECC¬†,SAP¬†HR,SAP¬†BW,SAP¬†CRM,¬†SAP¬†SCM,SAP¬†BPM, Business¬†Objects,¬†SAP¬†ABAP¬†Development,¬†SAP¬†BASIS¬†and¬†SAP¬†NetWeaver¬†consulting.¬†We¬†have expertise¬†in¬†providing¬†implementation,development,¬†SAP¬†Migration¬†and¬†SAP¬†support¬†services¬†to SAP¬†customers¬†across¬†diverse¬†industries¬†at¬†a¬†global¬†level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect.
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)