For this method to be used for enhancement we have to find out User Exits for the transaction and check the functionality provided. The functionality which is provided can only be used for enhancement.
How to find if transaction has above modification technique available?
Go to SMOD and search enhancement for the package to which transaction belongs to. You will get list of all User-Exits available.
For example, we want to enhance transaction ‘VA01’, so that to default Sold-to-party field to value “2155”. We already know that we have to implement user exit EXIT_SAPMV45A_002, which belongs to enhancement V45A0002
- Go to transaction CMOD
- Create a project called ZVA01
- Choose the Enhancement assign radio button and press the Change button
- In the first column enter ‘V45A0002’; predefine sold-to party in sales document.
- Press Save
- Go to the Components tab. You can now see that enhancement uses user exit EXIT_SAPMV45A_002. Double click on the exit.
- Now the function module is displayed. Double click on include ZXVVAU04 in the function module
- Insert the following code into the include: E_KUNNR = ‘2155’.
- Activate the include program. Go back to CMOD and activate the project.
- Go to transaction VA01 and create a sales order.
- You see that Sold-to-party is automatically set to “2155”
For further information on Enhancement Techniques, refer my blog.
In case you need assistance in SAP ABAP Enhancement Technique, please contact us. Please send us your questions, comments or assistance request, and our team would be glad to assist you.
Please send us your questions, comments or assistance, and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Gopichand Panghate. (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
We offer variety of services including SAP ECC ,SAP HR,SAP BW,SAP CRM, SAP SCM,SAP BPM, Business Objects, SAP ABAP Development, SAP BASIS and SAP NetWeaver consulting. We have expertise in providing implementation,development, SAP Migration and SAP support services to SAP customers across diverse industries at a global level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect.
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)