No matter what your immediate position is? Whether you are in the initial developmental stage or keeping a steady gaze upon expansion, sustaining and developing your business even further is an onerous task. It needs a lot of attention to details that blends with consistency to achieve the desired results. However, flexing your arms in this journey comes the automatic payment programs of which SAP happens to steal the spotlight.
However, before jumping on to that letâ€™s have a brief look at what an automatic payment program is at its heart.
What is automatic payment?
An automatic bill payment process is an e-money transfer system, pre-scheduled on a particular date paying off recurring bills. Typically supporting almost every kind of payment transactions, these are done from a credit card or from a checking account.
The major benefits of an automatic payment system:
Call it clichĂ© but convenience is the biggest service that any automated service gives you. It chucks off the burdensome task of remembering the payment dates repeating itself over a complete cycle.
Security is something that automated processes keep as their foremost priority. Thus, it is much more secured way of payment than any paper payment system. The vulnerability factor of identity theft goes dramatically down.
Improved credit score:
Keeping up with timely payments also gives a great boost to your credit score.
Saying yes to an automated billing system at once gives you the flex of savings. It effectively saves your valuable time and money costs thereby cutting down your fuel costing, stamp, etc.
Now when you are already aware of what to expect from an automatic payment program, letâ€™s find out what SAP stands simply at nothing but the best.
How automatic payment program in sap marvels its clientele
SAP APPâ€™s intuitive design improves productivity at once saving time and making the whole process hassle-free.
- With F110 you can always pay a group of checks all at one time.
- The application can be run in background while viewing proposals simultaneously.
- F110 also leverages you to choose your most fit payment method amongst a handful.
- You can also supplement vendor payments with customer payments.
- F110 also flexes your arms to synchronize advance payments with updated invoices.
Setting up sap payment program
Establishing the automatic payment in sap can prove to be tricky sometimes. With a system of multiple layers it needs all your attention to protect it from run time error.
The major stages of SAP payment run system:
- Maintain parameters: it specifies the date used for posting document in financial accounting.
- Start proposal run: it takes responsibility to note your will to generate the proposal immediately or a scheduled date later.
- Debit balance check: Although optional, this stage performs the task of checking debit balance before excluding accounts for payment.
- Edit proposal run: This consists of blocked invoices marked by a red indicator and accepted invoices marked by green indicator.
- Start payment run: This marks the start of a payment process. This also allows you to see the payment and exception list.
- Schedule print: This schedules a printing process after payment. A downloadable file option is also available here for further bank communication.
The major divisions of APP:
The main setup of SAP APP has 6 broad divisions.
- All company codes
- Paying company codes
- Payment methods/country
- Payment methods/company codes
- Bank selection
- House banks
Letâ€™s deep dive into each of the process.
ALL COMPANY CODES
The opening division is mainly about all the finicky details of the company and vendor payment processes.
- Inter-company payment relationship
- The company codes processing payments
- Cash discounts
- Tolerance days for payments
- Customer-vendor transactions that are to be processed
PAYING COMPANY CODES
After the first section, we set up the different details of payments of every sort here.
- Setting the minimum value of incoming and outgoing payments
- Billing of exchange parameters
- Forms of payment advice and EDI system
Here we go on to set up the payment methods.
1) The different types of payments â€“ cheques, bank transfers etc. are set up
2) Individual payment methods like the following are set up
- Master record requirements
- Document types for posting
- Permitted currencies
- Print programs
PAYMENT METHODS/COMPANY CODES
Here the following settings are processed.
- Minimum and maximum payment amounts
- Whether payments abroad and foreign currencies are allowed
- Grouping options
- Bank optimization
- Forms of payment media
Here different types of parameters are processed.
- Ranking order
- Value dates
This section deals with the details of the bank account that are required by a company for payment processing of vendors and customers.
To apply this feature you have to perform the following steps;
- Click the option house banks of the home screen followed by entering the company code.
- Select the house bank from the list with which the company performs the payment process for its vendors and customers.
Apprisia takes special care to cater to end-to-end process assistance laser focused on performance at every point in time.
Start your journey of hassle free payment journey with SAP APP and the global quality assistance of Apprisia today!
SAP Team, Apprisia