SAP Business Partner is a powerful mechanism to represent business entities and their relationships. In this blog, we provide an overview of the SAP Business Partner Category. Business partners are classified according to the business partner categories â€śnatural person,â€ť â€śgroup,â€ť and â€śorganization.â€ť These categories can represent all kinds of Business Partners.
NOTE: It is not possible to create new categories or to redefine later a Business Partner created with the wrong category.
You can store different information depending on the business partner category you choose. The rules for the structure of the name will vary as well as the presence or absence of fields related to the Business Partner Category. For example, an organization can have the legal organization of the company identified, while gender is an available field for natural person. Business Partner of Category â€śPersonâ€ś, you can customize following attributes in SPRO â€“ Name Components â€“
- Maintain Academic Titles like Dr., Prof., Ph.D. etc
- Maintain Name Affixes like Sir, Prince etc.
- Maintain Name Prefixes
- Maintain Name Formatting Rule – For business partners that belong to the category ‘natural persons’ the name components are stored in several different fields. Country-specific rules can be applied to format the name components
- Maintain Marital Status like Single, Married, Widowed, Divorced etc.
- Maintain Occupations like â€“ Electrician, Mechanical Engineer etc.
Similarly we can maintain related attributes for â€śOrganizationâ€ť and â€śGroupâ€ť Business Partner Category in SPRO.
Please send us your questions, comments or assistance, and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Abhishek Khandelwal (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
WeÂ offerÂ varietyÂ ofÂ servicesÂ includingÂ SAPÂ ECCÂ ,SAPÂ HR,SAPÂ BW,SAPÂ CRM,Â SAPÂ SCM,SAPÂ BPM, BusinessÂ Objects,Â SAPÂ ABAPÂ Development,Â SAPÂ BASISÂ andÂ SAPÂ NetWeaverÂ consulting.Â WeÂ have expertiseÂ inÂ providingÂ implementation,development,Â SAPÂ MigrationÂ andÂ SAPÂ supportÂ servicesÂ to SAPÂ customersÂ acrossÂ diverseÂ industriesÂ atÂ aÂ globalÂ level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect.
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)