SAP Business Partner is a powerful mechanism to represent business entities and their relationships. In this blog, we present Business Partner Extensibility / Enhancement Techniques using EEWB (Easy Enhancement Workbench) or BDT (Business Data Toolset), VCT (Visual Configuration Tool) or Field Grouping.
In many business process scenarios or customer requirements, we need to store additional data/attributes for business partner or we need to change screen sequence of transaction BP or behavior of flow logic. In SAP, Business Partner object is designed to enable you to make such extensions/ enhancements to it, such as screen sequence change, addition of fields etc.
Following extensions can be achieved using EEWB (Easy Enhancement Workbench) or BDT (Business Data Toolset), VCT (Visual Configuration Tool) or Field Grouping.
- Additional fields on existing or additional screen
- Additional Role for Business Partner
- Additional Validation on SAP or Z fields
- New Relationship Categories
- Screen Field/ Section/ Tab Label(Caption) change
- Screen field Attributes ( Display/Hide/Read Only/ Mandatory) control
- Easy Enhancement Workbench (EEW)
Easy and efficient way to expand business partner master data, using this we can add new fields for central business partner data, New tables for central business partner data (1:1 or 1:n),
Enhancement of Business partner (Business Object) is possible via Wizard provided by SAP (T-code EEWB). Wizard takes care of addition of new fields and new tables to Business Partner and all related development work for the user; databank tables, screens and application logic are created automatically. Wizard guides the user through the extensive process, extensive knowledge of development environment and data model is not required. EEWB wizard enables easy prototyping, no modification; no manual programming required; also retains all development and modifications in the case of SAP upgrades.
- Change Screen Configuration using Visual Configuration Tool (VCT)
With the Visual Configuration Tool (VCT), we can change the screens and screen sequences supplied by SAP in Customizing by dragging and dropping. Like all Customizing activities, these changes are linked to transports. Changes made by customers are not affected by release updates; in other words, customer changes will not be overwritten by SAP when a new release is installed.
We can configure each individual business partner role this mean we can define/configure Role specific settings.We can use the Visual Configuration Tool (VCT) to
- change the layout of screens, for example, to group together several screens
- change the frame or screen title
- change the order of screensThe original SAP configuration remains in the system and can be re-activated at any time.
- Business Data Toolset (BDT)
The BDT (Business Data Tool Set)is a central control for the maintenance of master data and basic transaction data, the BDT control and generic parts and calls the application by selecting given interfaces (control and timing tables on). The applications in turn bring user-specific developments (eg for reading and writing of an application tables).Using BDT you can achieve following objectives â€“
- Additional Check/Validation logic for existing fields/ Views.
- New Fields on BP Transaction code
Pre-requisites â€“ Extend Table BUT000 using SE11.
- Additional Field Groupings/ Tab/Section â€“ Caption change.
The BDT supports the following entities in screen layout-
- Field group – A field group contain field/ fields
- View â€“ Contains one or more Field Group
- Section â€“ Contains one or more View
- Screen â€“ Contains one or more Section
Transactions for BDT-
- BUPT to view the BDT menu
- BUS2 â€“ FIELD GROUP
- BUS3 â€“ VIEWS
- BUS4 â€“ SECTIONS
- BUS5 â€“ SCREENS
- BUS7 â€“ EVENT HANDLINGS
Activities for BDT Development–
- 0001 â€“ Applications
- 0002 â€“ Field Groups
- 0003 â€“ Views
- 0004 â€“ Sections
- 0005 â€“ Screens
- 0006 â€“ Screen Sequences
- 0007 â€“ Events
- 0008 â€“ GUI Standard Functions
- 0009 â€“ GUI Additional Functions
- 0010 â€“ Search Help
- 0011 â€“ Assign Screen FieldĂ DB Field
- 0012 â€“ Field Grouping Criteria
- 0013 â€“ Object Parts
- 0014 â€“ Object Part Grouping
- 0015 â€“ Application Transactions
- 0016 â€“ Tables
- 0017 â€“ External Applications
- 0100 â€“ Field Grouping per Activity Type
- 0101 â€“ Field Grouping per Object Part
- 0102 â€“ Authorization Types
- 0103 â€“ Field Groups for Authorization
- 0104 â€“ Screen Configuration
- 0105 â€“ Field Grouping per External Application
- 0200 â€“ Change Document Lists
BDT Event Description ISSTA Initialization DINP1 Transfers data in non-dialog processing (initial screen) PAI After input ISDAT Loads data to the current memory ISDST Distributes data to participating applications AUTH1 Executes authorization checks DINP2 Transfers data in non-dialog processing (data screen) XCHNG Checks whether data has been changed DSAVB Collects data for the owner application DCHCK Checks data in the current memory DTAKE Copies data from the current memory to the global memory DLVE1 Initializes the current memory DSAVC Completes the data before saving DSAVE Saves data in the database
Please send us your questions, comments or assistance, and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Manish Agarwal (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
WeÂ offerÂ varietyÂ ofÂ servicesÂ includingÂ SAPÂ ECCÂ ,SAPÂ HR,SAPÂ BW,SAPÂ CRM,Â SAPÂ SCM,SAPÂ BPM, BusinessÂ Objects,Â SAPÂ ABAPÂ Development,Â SAPÂ BASISÂ andÂ SAPÂ NetWeaverÂ consulting.Â WeÂ have expertiseÂ inÂ providingÂ implementation,development,Â SAPÂ MigrationÂ andÂ SAPÂ supportÂ servicesÂ to SAPÂ customersÂ acrossÂ diverseÂ industriesÂ atÂ aÂ globalÂ level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect.
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)