SAP implementation encompasses the processes and methods to implement the SAP ERP software in an organization. The SAP implementation method varies from company to company. It is based on best practices and case studies from available resources, and results in an implementation method that would allow the organization to plan and apply the implementation of SAP modules.
It involves almost all the staff in the organization i.e. from SAP technical support people to the business users of the SAP software. As the process of SAP implementation is aimed to achieve streamlined and efficient business, it is therefore very important that proper training is provided to the staff.
This training part is very important as it gives understanding of SAP environment and helps in motivating people and thus creating more user-friendly products. SAP provides various comprehensive packages of end-user training materials.SAP in its packages, gives organizations the flexibility to develop training plans that match their employees’ specific roles and needs. Proper training enables people to learn how to use SAP software quickly, become more productive and better leverage their collective expertise. Also this ensures resources become self-sufficient in using SAP software.
Following are the different training tools and techniques:
- Study material – The SAP end-user training packages combine standard content, best-practices to be followed in business processes and advanced technology. These packages have study materials on various topics such as users’ specific job roles available in SAP, steps involved in performing transactions in R/3, tutorial programs for users.
- Computer based tools – Another excellent technique for SAP end-user training is computer based tool like SAP Tutor. It is a simulation tool which can be used to create interactive training environment or demo simulations in SAP and non-SAP applications to enhance training curriculum. These tools are self-paced hence, very useful for self-study.
- Online training – This type of training technique is popular when users are located in different places/cities.
In this method, training is provided through web and users logon to the same server remotely. This technique has the advantage that the users can record the sessions and re-play it as and when required.
- Class room training – This is the basic approach for any type of training and is very effective one. Due to physical presence of instructor and learners, it is easy for the participants to understand the nuances and ask queries. This method is time efficient and interactive; both trainer and participant can comprehend each others’ body language which makes the training more interesting.
- On job training – End users can also be trained the same time they are working. The instructor can present them live scenarios, explain the business relation behind SAP transactions, show them the buttons and their usage.
In case you need assistance on SAP Support Services, please contact us. Please send us your questions, comments or assistance request and our team would be glad to assist you.
By PB Reddy (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
Releated Blogs: SAP end user training key:success factor for sap implementation
SAP :: Streamlined
We offer variety of services including SAP ECC ,SAP HR,SAP BW,SAP CRM, SAP SCM,SAP BPM, Business Objects, SAP ABAP Development, SAP BASIS and SAP NetWeaver consulting. We have expertise in providing implementation,development, SAP Migration and SAP support services to SAP customers across diverse industries at a global level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect.
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)