SAP Instance consolidation is merging of two or more SAP instances into one i.e. a merger of SAP clients that reside on the various SAP instances. It impacts related environments –development, test, and training environments. In this blog, we present the high level overview of the motivation and benefits for SAP instance consolidation.
Consolidation is an ongoing process that addresses our entire IT solution environment people, processes and application technology to make your solution more effective, more reliable, efficient and agile.
SAP Instance Consolidation Framework is a solution set that evaluates all aspects of how multiple SAP instances may be consolidated, both from a functional and a technical standpoint. It provides methodologies and tools to enable you to consolidate our SAP environments.
Nowadays, instance consolidation is considered as part of an upgrade itself by SAP users.
Why is SAP Instance Consolidation needed ?
Instance consolidation is very useful in following business scenarios:
- New acquisitions: Small firms are being taken over by large companies.
- Divestiture: Companies sell off their subsidiary interests or investments.
- Gradual functional SAP rollout: Plants in different cities/countries become SAP operational.
- Benefits of SAP Instance Consolidation
Following are some of the important goals achieved through instance consolidation:
- Reduced hardware cost
- Reduced man-power required for maintenance and support
- New developments for one country immediately available to another
- Reduced upgrade and SAP patch application effort
- Ease of implementation of common processes, with benefit of common documentation and related materials
- Enables further consolidation and simplification of the SAP infrastructure and related reduction in infrastructure related costs
For Implementation Approaches in SAP Instance Consolidation, refer my blog.
In case you need assistance on SAP instance consolidation approach, please contact us. Please send us your questions, comments or assistance request, and our team would be glad to assist you.
Please send us your questions, comments or assistance, and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Sreedhar Babu (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
We offer variety of services including SAP ECC ,SAP HR,SAP BW,SAP CRM, SAP SCM,SAP BPM, Business Objects, SAP ABAP Development, SAP BASIS and SAP NetWeaver consulting. We have expertise in providing implementation,development, SAP Migration and SAP support services to SAP customers across diverse industries at a global level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect.
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)