This blog explains the steps involved in SAP ECC to send purchase order by email to a vendor as an attachment. It is a common requirement by customers to be able to send the PO to the vendors through Email. Sending Purchase order by email to a vendor is called as an “External Send” in SAP. To achieve this we need to perform following steps:
- Email address of the vendor should be maintained in the vendor master data while creating the vendor using Transaction code XK01, if vendor is already created maintain the email address using Transaction code XK02.
- Maintain email address in your ‘own data’ to ensure that the process has a sent from your email address (system->User Profile->Own Data).
Note: It is not possible to change the vendor email address permanently with standard purchase order transaction code ME21N or ME22N, we can maintain temporary only, for permanent change use transaction codes XK02 or MK02.
- For output type default values, a communication strategy has to be maintained in the customization.
Menu path for communication strategy: SPRO -> IMG -> SAP Web Application Server -> Basic Services -> Message Control -> Define Communication StrategyHere default value is communication structure is CS01 and communication type is INT (email), after configuration of relevant communication structure and communication type, we can find these entries in table TCSTRP.
- Use standard SAP Program ‘SAPFM06P’, FORM routine ‘ENTRY_NEU’ and form ‘MEDRUCK’ as processing routines for output type (ex NEU-Purchase order). For additional functionalities copy this program and smart form in to Z Program and Z form (Ex: Z_PO_PRINT and Z_PURCHASE_ORDER) and maintain these against output type (Ex:ZNEU-PO Email) by using transaction code NACE, For subject of the email goto Mail Title and Texts. In title give PO No. &EKKO-EBELN&
- In order trigger the output type automatically in PO maintain the condition record using transaction code MN04 for output type, use medium as ‘5’ (External send).
- Use SCOT transaction code to trigger the output manually In SCOT transaction under INT double click on node SMTP and maintain SMTP connection.
Mail Host: (IP address of the mail server)
Mail Port :25
Code Page: 4110 unicode UTF-8.(Example)
Click on SET tab against the Internet check box and maintain
SAPscript/Smart Forms: PDF or TXT as per requirement.
- Status of the External send document can be seen in transaction code SOST.
Please send us your questions, comments or assistance, and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Abhishek Khandelwal (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
We offer variety of services including SAP ECC ,SAP HR,SAP BW,SAP CRM, SAP SCM,SAP BPM, Business Objects, SAP ABAP Development, SAP BASIS and SAP NetWeaver consulting. We have expertise in providing implementation,development, SAP Migration and SAP support services to SAP customers across diverse industries at a global level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect.
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)