SAP Adobe interactive form provides an elegant and robust solution for different business processes where data transfer needs to be Automatic and more secure. The Adobe Interactive forms are well suited for such different business scenarios.
At Apprisia ,we provide SAP adobe form development services to our customer to streamline their business process.The powerful adobe framework is integrated with SAP to automate the paper based business process such as purchase requisition,work order,employee travel expanses etc.
In this blog, we provide a high level overview of the SAP Adobe Interactive Forms usage and prerequisites.
Interactive form in PDF format allows users to fill the data interactively by providing options through dynamic UI (dropdown, checkbox, radioButton, tables etc.). Hence, it provides more flexibility to users to fill the form. The data is saved in the XML format which can be extracted by SAP system and process it further.
We can also use Template with the System data to generate the PDF documents.
Benefits of Using PDF Form
- PDF files are universal file format that preserves formatting irrespective of applications and platforms they are created.
- It helps in optimization of business process by automating the creation of data for SAP systems. Thus saving time and costs.
- Overcome the limitations of paper based forms like -manual data entry, error prone and easily outdated, traceability, high costs in production and storage.
- It provides data level security with the features like:
- Digital signature for data authenticity.
- data saved in XML file format
- Bar code
- Functionality like print form, send by email, validate the form.
Interactive Form Scenarios
- Online Interactive Form : In online scenario, user fills the interactive form via WebDynpro application (accessed through a portal or web Application server).WebDynpro interacts with Adobe form using context node and binding
- Offline Interactive Form : In offline scenario, user is not connected to the SAP at the time of filling the form, but still can use some web services. The completed interactive form can then be sent by email on clicking just ‘send by email’ button. The data in XML file can be extracted and uploaded to SAP.
Interactive form use cases
- Employee self service
- Receipt generation
- Purchase Requisition form
- Order confirmations
- Account statements
Technical prerequisites to use Adobe Forms in SAP
- Adobe Lifecycle Designer 7.1 is installed on the SAP Developer’s workstation
- Adobe Reader 7.* is installed for the end user
- Adobe Document Services (ADS) installed on the Java Stack for runtime processing of the PDF document
Please send us your questions, comments or assistance, and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Sareeka Bangar (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
We offer variety of services including SAP ECC ,SAP HR,SAP BW,SAP CRM, SAP SCM,SAP BPM, Business Objects, SAP ABAP Development, SAP BASIS and SAP NetWeaver consulting. We have expertise in providing implementation,development, SAP Migration and SAP support services to SAP customers across diverse industries at a global level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect.
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)