SAP Business Process Management (BPM) is a BPM product that¬†aims to address the requirements of business processes in an organization. This helps organizations to optimize and standardize highly complex business processes by reducing time, cost and resources with enhanced throughput.¬†As a technology, SAP BPM is a framework of tools to design, model, and implement, run, monitor, operate, and improve business processes flexibly throughout their lifecycle.
A business process is a collection and sequence of related, structured activities undertaken by an organization for various set of business activities. These processes are crucial for a company which directly impacts throughput of business.
BPM activities can be grouped into following categories:
- Design of process focuses on the flow, sequence of procedures, number of actors involved (human and/or system), task handovers, escalations and notifications. It encompasses identification and consideration of both the existing and prospective processes.
- Efficient design reduces the complexity and life time of the process and provides change adaptable convenience to incorporate ever changing demands of business by involving human-to-human, human-to-system and system-to-system interactions. Good design allows streamline integration of running processes with new one and vice versa.
- Modeling takes the theoretical design, identify total number of activities and engineer them to make flow using sequence of procedures. Modeling identifies position and sequence tasks to be performed by actors involved.
- Execution – To automate processes, a framework of tools is required to develop an application that executes the required steps of the process. To automate Business Processes, SAP BPM (Business process modeling) is one of the prominent technologies used to design, model, and monitor, manage and optimize theoretical processes efficiently.
- Monitoring encompasses the tracking of individual processes, so that information on their state can be easily seen. For an example, process monitoring is the capability to determine the state of a product requisition by a user and related updates of its operations done and pending.
- Optimization of process includes retrieving process information from different phases, analyzing pros-cons, bottlenecks and re-engineers it to reduce complexity and life span of a process. Good design and modeling help process to incorporate changes smoothly and being compliant to business desires.
SAP BPM provides streamline and loosely integrated procedures which are ‚Äúchange adaptable‚ÄĚ to business in terms of incorporating people and technology. SAP BPM ensures easy management capabilities of ever changing customer, market and regulatory demands faster than competitors providing a cutting edge advantage to an organization.
In case you need assistance on SAP BPM, please contact us. Please send us your questions, comments or assistance request, and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Sreedhar Babu¬†(on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
We¬†offer¬†variety¬†of¬†services¬†including¬†SAP¬†ECC¬†,SAP¬†HR,SAP¬†BW,SAP¬†CRM,¬†SAP¬†SCM,SAP¬†BPM, Business¬†Objects,¬†SAP¬†ABAP¬†Development,¬†SAP¬†BASIS¬†and¬†SAP¬†NetWeaver¬†consulting.¬†We¬†have expertise¬†in¬†providing¬†implementation,development,¬†SAP¬†Migration¬†and¬†SAP¬†support¬†services¬†to SAP¬†customers¬†across¬†diverse¬†industries¬†at¬†a¬†global¬†level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect.
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)