SAP PI 7.1 can be used for integration purposes across a wide variety of usage scenarios within and outside the organization. In this blog, we mention the major scenarios where SAP PI can be effectively used. SAP PI can be used for enterprise integration across the organization landscape for integrating SAP and nonSAP systems. SAP PI can also be used for B2B integration to the trading partners such as customers, vendors and logistics providers.
At Apprisia, our expert SAP PI developers has been providing SAP PI integration services to our customers for application integration.
Here are the major usage scenarios where SAP PI can be effectively deployed:
- Integration between SAP systems such as SAP ECC6, SAP CRM, SAP SCM, SAP SRM etc.
- Integration between SAP BW and nonSAP systems for bulk data transfer in absence of an ETL tool
- Integration between SAP and nonSAP sytems such as Microsoft .NET applications, J2EE, Mainframe and Legacy applications. A typical scenario is: Product Data Management System posts HTTP request to SAP NW PI 7.1 and the data is transformed to the above IDOC based on business rules.
- Integration between SAP PI and other middleware products such as TIBCO, webMethods, IBM Websphere, Microsoft Biztalk etc.
- Integration between nonSAP and nonSAP applications
- B2B Integration : Trading partner integration through EDI, XML document exchange, RosettaNet or other industry standard protocols
- Service enablement of legacy applications; provide a webservice capability to legacy applications
- Finally, SAP PI should be fully leveraged for service enablement and business process orchestration between applications across the enterprise
Many SOA enabling standards (WS standards) are implemented in SAP PI7.1 making it the core technology enabler of SAP Enterprise SOA. (e.g. WS Reliable Messaging, WS Security, SAML, WS Policy, WS PolicyAttachment etc.)
In case you need assistance in SAP XI/PI, please contact us. Please send us your questions, comments or assistance request, and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Sreedhar Babu (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
We offer variety of services including SAP ECC ,SAP HR,SAP BW,SAP CRM, SAP SCM,SAP BPM, Business Objects, SAP ABAP Development, SAP BASIS and SAP NetWeaver consulting. We have expertise in providing implementation,development, SAP Migration and SAP support services to SAP customers across diverse industries at a global level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect. AskTheArchitect@Apprisia.com
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)