SAP SOA Tools, namely, SAP ESR and SAP SR are integral components of SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment (SAP CE) used to model, design, manage and discover enterprise SOA based objects in a best manner.
At Apprisia,our team experts providing SAP SOA based integration services to customers for Application integration,enterprise architecture and SAP to non-SAP integrations.
These components provide seamless integration of objects while being loosely coupled from each other at same time; this separation allows us to separate the model from the underlying implementation or technical platforms.
SAP ESR (SAP Enterprise Service Repository)
- SAP ESR provides modeling environment for defining enterprise services, data types and other related design objects. Enables facility of enterprise services categorization, classification and provisioning.
- It encapsulates SAP’s technical details and exposes enterprise services objects in business terms. Eg.SAP objects starting with ‘Z’ are not exposed to service consumer(s).
- Capability to inherit Software components from SLD for enterprise service development. Also natively provides functionality to define local software components using its design environment.
- Easy to model and maintain service interfaces.
- Provide SAP’s conventional object designing ambiance to end user.
- It enforces modeling standards within an organization.
On Service interface activation, respective object intend to reflect on SAP ECC system which is configured in development landscape. As a result of this process, proxy objects are generated on ECC end containing methods depending on modeling requirements. These methods are final object for ABAP developer to implement their logic for services. User is not allowed to make any changes to generated objects locally which enforce a uniformity of objects throughout the development landscape.
SAP SR (SAP Service Registry)
- SAP SR is a registry in system landscape to contain SAP and non-SAP enterprise services definition at common place.
- It accommodates a workplace for publishing, managing, discovering and classification of services for all business inside or across landscape.
- Design time integration capability with SAP NWDS (NetWeaver development studio).
On completion of service development, ECC system is allowed to publish all service definitions to configured service repository in system landscape which provides Design Time Governance and Life Cycle Management of a product.
Please send us your questions, comments or assistance, and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Sreedhar Babu (on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
We offer variety of services including SAP ECC ,SAP HR,SAP BW,SAP CRM, SAP SCM,SAP BPM, Business Objects, SAP ABAP Development, SAP BASIS and SAP NetWeaver consulting. We have expertise in providing implementation,development, SAP Migration and SAP support services to SAP customers across diverse industries at a global level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect. AskTheArchitect@Apprisia.com
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)