In my blog series on SAP Universal Worklist (UWL), we have discussed about Universal worklist – Integration Benefits, Universal Worklist with SAP NetWeaver Portal for Local CE and Universal Worklist Configuration for Workflow items on remote CE system.
To access SAP Workflows in SAP UWL of SAP NetWeaver Portal, Integration is required between two systems. Here, we will discuss about SAP ECC configuration procedure.
How to configure UWL for SAP ECC Workflows?
Create new technical system for SAP ECC in consumer SAP Portal.
- Go to System Administration > System Configuration > System Landscape Overview. Create a new or select a folder to keep a technical system in it.
- Right click on folder. Select New > System > SAP system.
You can choose SAP system of your preference according your landscape. Here we are using SAP system using dedicated application server.
- Define appropriate system name and system alias for SAP ECC system.
- In system Edit mode provide following details under ‚ÄėConnector‚Äô category for SAP ECC system.
- Application Host Name¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† <SAP ECC system Host Name>
- SAP System ID (SID)
- SAP Client
- System Number
- Logical System Name
- Gateway Host and Service
- System Type¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† <SAP_R3>
- Logon Method¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† <SAPLOGONTICKET / UIDPW>
Note: If you are using UIDPW methodology to connect to backend SAP system then do not forget to perform ‚Äėuser mapping‚Äô between portal and SAP ECC user.
Create new connector system for UWL
- For UWL configuration guidelines to register new UWL system refer my blog ‚ÄėUniversal Worklist with SAP NetWeaver Portal for Local CE‚Äô mentioned above.Note: Make sure to use same System Alias as defined in above step.
Please send us your questions, comments or assistance, and our team would be glad to assist you.
By Moreshwar Thawkar¬†(on behalf of SAP Consulting Team)
SAP :: Streamlined
We¬†offer¬†variety¬†of¬†services¬†including¬†SAP¬†ECC¬†,SAP¬†HR,SAP¬†BW,SAP¬†CRM,¬†SAP¬†SCM,SAP¬†BPM, Business¬†Objects,¬†SAP¬†ABAP¬†Development,¬†SAP¬†BASIS¬†and¬†SAP¬†NetWeaver¬†consulting.¬†We¬†have expertise¬†in¬†providing¬†implementation,development,¬†SAP¬†Migration¬†and¬†SAP¬†support¬†services¬†to SAP¬†customers¬†across¬†diverse¬†industries¬†at¬†a¬†global¬†level.
Have a question on SAP? Write to our SAP Architect.
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)