SAP S/4HANA Implementation cannot be done overnight and without proper and robust planning, along with consistent efforts.
SAP S/4HANA architecture has continued to evolve in the last few years since it was first launched in the global market. This has undoubtedly inspired the businesses across all the domains to take a “Wait and Watch” approach and then act later.
Compared to older versions, SAP S/4HANA systems exhibit enhanced user interfaces, more streamlined transactions, real-time, fast-paced, and seamless data transfers, flexible APIs, and so on. This is the reason why many businesses across the globe see SAP S/4HANA Implementation Services as the next step in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
The hesitancy of businesses to switch to SAP S/4HANA is directly linked to the unexpected challenges that may occur in the utilization of SAP S/4HANA Implementation Services. Here in this article, we have enlisted some of them for you.
- Issues related to Data: Corruption and other issues related to sensitive data are very much common nowadays. Some issues may also occur due to the differences between data formats of old ERP systems and SAP S/4HANA. However, there are certainly some smart ways to mitigate such issues. The most widely used remedy in such cases is the validation of datasets with the sampling, subset, or complete record-by-record comparison, which is applicable to all the small, medium, and large-scale industries as well.
- Communication with Stakeholders: This is one of the most critical steps across the globe before taking SAP S/4HANA Implementation Services. Stakeholders must be prior informed before taking any decision in this regard. It has been commonly observed that stakeholders are hesitant to proceed with SAP S/4HANA Implementation after knowing the risks associated with these services. Per the survey, around 50% – 60% of companies around the globe are currently using ERP solutions other than SAP S/4HANA. Hence, most of the time, the stakeholders may argue that if the existing ERP infrastructure is robust enough to handle the current workload, what’s a need to switch to another ERP tool. In short, “If it works fine, then don’t touch it!” However, in such instances, one must communicate the long-term benefits of SAP S/4HANA Implementation.
- Infrastructural Challenge: Significantly, the SAP S/4HANA Cloud version (in comparison with the SAP S/4HANA On-premise version) is more beneficial in terms of the cost, space, and operating time for the processes. If the physical space is one of your biggest concerns, then you must go for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud version. This way you will save space, money, and time in your business. Also, the cloud version gets all the latest software updates instantly as you are always connected to the internet.
- Customization in SAP S/4HANA: This could be one of the toughest challenges in SAP S/4HANA Implementation Services. Your current ERP infrastructure could be customized as per your needs and wants, and you must have got comfortable with it now. However, there is a possibility that all the current customizations might not be possible in the SAP S/4HANA framework, and you might have some hard times dealing with it in the initial phase post-installation. However, in such cases, you may come across some rich insights in the new framework, which may compel you to rethink your overall strategic direction implemented so far.
- Lack of in-depth knowledge: Not everyone has a core, in-depth knowledge of SAP S/4HANA Implementation Services. This can also become a huge reason for hesitancy. In such cases, you must look for a collaboration with an IT Partner company that can help you overcome all such unexpected challenges and make your company’s SAP S/4HANA Implementation process hassle-free and seamless.