Application Managed Services (AMS) Support in SAP refers to the ongoing maintenance, support, and management of SAP applications and systems by a specialized team or service provider.
It involves managing the day-to-day operations, monitoring system performance, resolving issues, and implementing enhancements or changes as needed.
Here are some key aspects of AMS support in SAP:
- Incident Management: AMS Support teams handle Incident Management by providing a single point of contact for users to report issues or problems with SAP applications. They categorize and prioritize incidents based on severity, assess root causes, and work towards resolving them within agreed-upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Change Management: SAP AMS support teams handle change management processes for SAP applications. This includes managing and implementing changes such as system upgrades, patches, configuration updates, and enhancements. They ensure that changes are properly tested, documented, and implemented with minimal disruption to business operations.
- System Monitoring and Performance Management: this includes monitoring the health and performance of SAP systems. Support teams use monitoring tools and techniques to proactively identify potential issues, optimize system performance, and ensure high availability and reliability. They may also provide performance-tuning recommendations and capacity planning.
- Release Management: involves managing software releases for SAP applications. This includes coordinating the deployment of new functionalities, ensuring proper testing, and managing the release schedule. The support team ensures that all changes are appropriately documented, communicated, and implemented.
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs): AMS support typically operates under SLAs, which define the agreed-upon response times, resolution times, and service availability. SLAs ensure that the support team meets the organization’s expectations regarding incident resolution and system uptime.
- Knowledge Management: maintains a knowledge base with documentation, best practices, and standard operating procedures related to SAP applications. This knowledge base helps in faster incident resolution, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement of support processes.
- Continuous Improvement: It includes analyzing support metrics, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing process optimizations or automation to drive efficiency gains. AMS support involves continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the performance, stability, and efficiency of SAP applications.
AMS support in SAP allows organizations to offload the day-to-day management and support of their SAP applications to specialized experts, enabling them to focus on core business activities. It ensures that SAP systems are properly maintained, issues are addressed promptly, and applications are continuously improved to meet evolving business needs.
We offer a variety of services including SAP ECC ,SAP HR,SAP BW,SAP CRM, SAP SCM,SAP BPM, Business Objects, SAP ABAP Development, SAP BASIS, and SAP NetWeaver consulting. We have expertise in providing implementation, development, SAP Migration, and SAP support services to SAP customers across diverse industries at a global level.
Have a question about SAP? Write to our SAP Architect: AskTheArchitect@Apprisia.com
(We promise a no-obligation consulting reply)