- The SAP ECC system was on a significantly older patch version. It was important that the SAP ECC landscape and the SAP kernels be upgraded to the latest available versions to provide stability, enhanced functionality and performance improvements.
- SAP has interfaces with other systems. We had to test the full business cycle in connected systems to ensure that the business data was transacting correctly between SAP and other systems.
- Customizations related to Mexico Electronic Invoice are country specific enhancements. There were issues related to cryptographic libraries and Z developments which had to be resolved.
- The time available for acceptance testing was short (4 hours). The key business users had to conduct testing of all important scenarios to approve the upgraded SAP system.
Our team of SAP BASIS consultants conducted the technical upgrade with detailed planning and coordination with the business users:
- The upgrade plan was shared with the business regarding production downtime, acceptance testing and Go-NoGo criteria.
- On the designated maintenance window, the SAP Production was upgraded by our SAP BASIS team.
- Our SAP ABAP team performed the SPAU/SPDD changes to fix the custom ABAP developments.
- Our SAP Functional consultants (FI, CO, SD, MM) performed extensive testing of the major business processes and transactions. Test data was created for the SAP Production testing.
- The key business users performed testing of all major scenarios.
- Certain issues were identified as minor and solvable. Based on the business approval, the SAP Production was released to the business.
- Our team provided active production support to the business for 5 days to ensure that all issues were immediately resolved.
Project Duration: 2 Months
- Customer is on the latest SAP release. The SAP system is more stable, has enhanced functionality and high performant.